Study Programmes for students aged 16-18
At The City of Liverpool College you will undertake a personalised Study Programme, which will help you to achieve your ambitions and career goals.
All of our Study Programmes are designed to help you to develop your skills and widen your college experience.
What you should expect from your Study Programme:
- A substantial qualification e.g. GCSE, A level or vocational equivalent
- Meaningful work experience
- Help to achieve GCSE English and maths at grades A*-C if you do not already have them
- Practical activities that help your personal development including study skills, enrichment activities, employability training and classes in personal and social skills to get you ready for further education or employment.
- Support to enable you to progress to the next level of study or employment
English and Maths
English and Maths skills are vital for employment and to secure a place on courses at a higher level, including university.
We have a team of tutors who will work with you to achieve these essential qualifications and enable you to apply these skills in your day to day activities and work.
Since September 2013 any young person who does not achieve their GCSE in English language and mathematics at grade C or above will have to continue their studies at college. Students who have a grade D in either subject must study these subjects at GCSE level.