Led by Principal, Elaine Bowker, the Executive Leadership Team sets the direction of the college and ensures it is focused on delivering excellence for all students.
The Board meets at least seven times a year and is responsible for overseeing the mission and activities of the College and ensuring effective strategic management and use of resources.
Find out what financial support is available at the College. Click here for more information or why not email email@example.com
As one of the largest employers in the city region, the college employs over 800 staff. Click here to see our current vacancies.
The Learning Companies are The City of Liverpool College's venture into the service industry. We provide students with essential work experience in a commercially-run environment.
Our six campuses deliver a city wide reach, each with individual specialisms they provide the perfect environment in which students can learn and develop.
Keep up to date with the goings on at The City of Liverpool College. A vibrant place to study, work and be involved in Liverpool.
We are the leading provider of apprenticeship training in the country, with links to some of the country's top companies and blue chip firms.
Our students are given unique opportunities to work with international brands, take part in major industry events and receive training from industry leaders.
Apprenticeship partners work closely with us to develop training which is second to none and give you the skills to go on to a successful career.
Home > Course Finder > Royal Academy of Culinary Arts - Professional Chefs Apprenticeship
The City of Liverpool College (COLCC) is proud to be the first college in the North of England to provide the prestigious Royal Academy of Culinary Arts (RACA) Chefs Apprenticeship as an integral part of the college’s Hospitality and Catering Curriculum.
The course is delivered under RACA principles and guidelines with the emphasis on traditional skills and will be primarily work based with 1 day attendance at college.
The Course Covers:
• Basic foundation skills training in kitchen, larder and pastry.
• Related Health and Safety introduction in readiness for work placement.
• Placement in a highly respected establishment with award winning chef mentors.
The following areas of study will be reflected in the curriculum syllabus:
• VRQ Level 2 & 3 in Professional Cookery
• VRQ Level 2 Patisserie
• Applied Food and Related Theory including Culinary French
• Employment Responsibility
• Health & Safety at Work
• Food and Drink Service (this element will only be offered towards the end of the first year, purely as an insight into front of house operations)
The first year of entry will incorporate an 8 week in-depth Traineeship within college before placement.
• VRQ Professional Chefs Diploma at Level 2 & 3
• Royal Academy of Culinary Arts Diploma Examination in Professional Cookery
College and Placement Employer Expectations:
• A passion for food knowledge and preparation
• Reliability, punctuality and flexibility
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good communication skills
• An understanding of time management
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative
• Maturity and self confidence
What can I say? Incredibly welcoming and friendly staff, beautifully cooked and presented food, a delightful ambiance, and outstanding value for money. Would highly recommend. You cannot go wrong with this place. It's a great idea, and it's a great establishment.
© The City of Liverpool College 2015College information: +44 (0)151 252 3000. Switchboard +44 (0)151 252 1515
Connect with us today:
Course bundles are designed for 16 - 18 year olds only.
Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.