The HR Service delivers a wide range of operational and specialist services including recruitment, payroll, HR system support, training, employee relations, organisational development. As Administration Apprentice you will be an integral part of the team with a key role in providing secretarial, administrative and project support to enable delivery of a high quality service across the organisation.
We want to hear from people who are team players, who can demonstrate excellent communication and IT skills. You will be able to meet the demands of working within a busy, dynamic environment that can prove challenging at times. In exchange we will provide you with a wide range of experience supported by training, a variety of staff benefits and a friendly working office. You will complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship which is supported by the college and a workbook will need completing to support this. There is also an option to be released to complete English and Maths qualification at the college.
To complete the required apprenticeship framework within the recommended timescale to complete Level 2 Apprenticeship (12-18 months) which includes all required job training and mandatory training.
To provide administrative support to the HR Service and Office Service Teams and contribute to the smooth running of these departments.
• Answering the telephones and taking clear and concise messages and acting upon them when required.
• Sending clear, well written correspondence via emails and managing and replying to incoming emails.
• Updating and entering data onto the HR systems, full training will be given as this is organisation specific.
• Arranging and scheduling meetings and making sure rooms are booked to accommodate them.
• Communicating effectively with all members of the organisation and gain a clear understanding and follow the confidentiality guidelines.
• Photocopying and scanning documents as required.
• Filing of documentation and ensuring all files are up to date and meet the required standards.
• Contribute towards producing correct data in relation to workforce planning.
• Composing and replying to letters with supervision.
• Be flexible in your approach to the varied tasks the teams deal with.
• Assisting with the recruitment as and when required.
• To attend organisation and team meetings and contribute where needed.
• Meeting and greeting visitors to the department/organisation.
• Work flexibly to meet the needs of the organisation.
• To work towards the objectives agreed in own performance and development reviews.