Welcome from the Principal
I’m pleased that you are considering The City of Liverpool College for your next step into education and a successful career. Our higher education programmes are first class with a gold standard in teaching and designed in partnership with employers and universities to get you where you want to go.
Becoming a City of Liverpool College student gives you access to specialist facilities and award winning tutors who bring with them a wealth of knowledge and industry experience, as well as helping you to reach employers who are leaders in their fields. The quality of our teaching is recognised nationally: in 2017, The City of Liverpool College was awarded a ‘Gold’ standard under the Teaching Excellence Framework, awarded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) for its quality and standards of education.
Many of our graduates choose to stay with The City of Liverpool College to continue studying at honours degree level, with a range of qualifications on offer from higher national certificates and diplomas, foundation degrees and clearly mapped out progression opportunities for those wanting to ‘top up’ to honours degree level.
But it isn’t all about work: our students have access to a thriving Student Union and extra- curricular opportunities, with our student engagement team providing support not only for college wide social events but also support for students who want to develop their own business ideas and ambitions. Learning can also be tailored to your needs, with flexible study on offer that works around your employment and home commitments.
We offer a high quality academic experience and unique opportunities for progression as a result of our strong links with industry and partnerships with other higher education institutions.
Those students who graduate and go on to study elsewhere find that the qualifications earned with us stand them in good stead as preparation for that next step.
I hope you’ll take the next step to a successful career with The City of Liverpool College as one of our students. In doing so, you’ll become a valued member of the student community – respected, challenged, and supported to succeed.
Principal & Chief Executive
Why study Higher Education with us?
- Above average student satisfaction
- Small class sizes
- Competitive fees with extensive offer of bursaries and financial support
- College students are entitled to £1000 fee reduction
- One-to-one tutorial support
The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF is a government scheme that recognises excellent learning and teaching in universities, colleges and other higher education providers. It compiles information about HE institutions that allows students to make an informed choice about where to study.
Higher Education at The City of Liverpool College was awarded GOLD in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the higher education provider delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
Read why The City of Liverpool College was awarded GOLD TEF rating.
Read more about the Teaching Excellence Framework
Higher Education Access Agreements
These documents can be accessed here:
Below are the regulations referred to in above terms and conditions document:
- City of Liverpool College Tuition Fee Regulations 2018-19
- HE Academic Impropriety 180918
- HE Admissions Policy 180918
- HE Appeals Against Assessment Decisions – Policy and Procedure 180918
- HE Attendance and Punctuality 180918
- HE Code of Behaviour and Disciplinary Policy 250518
- HE Compliments Comments Complaints Policy 180918
- Criminal Records Declaration Procedure 230518
- HE External Examiner Reports Policy and Procedures 180918
- Fitness to Practice Policy 040518
- Fitness to Study Policy and Procedure 240518
- Illness Mitigation Absence Extenuating Circumstances Policy 180918
- HE Programme Monitoring and Performance Review
- HE Public Information Policy & Procedure
- HE Structure and Communication Lines 230518
- HE Student Charter 230518
- HE Student Involvement Strategy 230518
- Student Protection Plan CoLC 220518
- Regs for Open University Validations with CoLC policies 021018
Your university course is waiting!
We work with the city’s leading universities and employers to offer a range of higher education qualifications, from HNC/D to foundation and honours degrees.
Our tutors are specialists in their subject area, with many having both academic and industry experience, so students can benefit from their knowledge and develop skills which are extremely valuable to employers.
We also offer students the change of valuable work placements with employers or take part in activities linked with their course – from designing outfits for a national fashion show to taking part in international business forums.