Apply for Apprenticeship Framework in Pharmacy Services Level 2 ...
Pharmacy technicians prepare, supply and dispense medicines prescribed for patients under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. The Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship offers a combination of a technical certificate and the L2 Certificate in Pharmacy services.
Apprenticeships allow people to start work and earn a wage, while learning new skills that lead to nationally recognised qualifications. Apprenticeships are designed with the help of employers in the industry, so they offer a structured programme that takes apprentices through the skills needed to do a job well. Most of an apprentice’s training takes place on the job but they will also have to complete off-the-job training within college by day release.
A selection of the Edexcel L2 Diploma units can be seen below:
• Communicating with Pharmacy Customers
• Law, Regulation, Health and Safety in Pharmacy
• Working in the Pharmacy Team
• Selling over the Counter Medicines in the Pharmacy
• Processing a Prescription
• Assemble Prescriptions Safely
Examples of the Edexcel L2 NVQ units can be seen below
• Assist in the provision of a Pharmacy Customer Service
• Ensure your own Actions Reduce the Risk to Health and Safety
• Support the Work of Your Team
• Assist in the Sale of OTC medicines and Provide Information
• Assist in the Supply of Prescribed Items
• Assist in the Assembly of Prescribed Items
You will be assessed through:
• Work-based Evidence
• Oral Questioning
• Portfolio of Evidence
• Practical Demonstration/Assignments
• Practical Examination