Apply for Counselling, Level 3 Certificate ...
The ultimate aim of the qualification is the improved performance of those who use counselling skills. It is intended that learners be given the opportunity to develop a range of counselling skills and skills in self-awareness and self-assessment. These skills will be more effectively developed through a process which encourages learners to assume an active responsibility for their own learning and which enables them to establish principles and good practice from a shared analysis with fellow learners and staff of experiences on the course and related experiences.
The ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills aims to:
– develop a repertoire of counselling skills at a consistent level
– underpin these skills with an understanding of one major therapeutic model
– increase the self-awareness of the person and their awareness of the impact that they have on people
These qualifications are designed for those learners who:
– seek the course as an entrance to their training to become a qualified professional counsellor
-wish to acquire a repertoire of counselling skills for use in other work areas, and who have no wish to become a professional counsellor, e.g. nurses, social workers and teachers.
Assessment will be through an internal portfolio and written assessments.
Modules studied will include:
– Understanding the context for the use of counselling skills
– Understanding counselling theory
– Using counselling skills
– Personal development for users of counselling skills