Apply for Counselling, Level 4 Diploma ...
The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is concerned with the training of counsellors to a professional level of competency. As a pre-requisite for admission to the Diploma course learners must possess a Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills or an equivalent qualification.
Learners will further develop the knowledge, skills and self-development gained from their Level 3 experience. It is required that learners will be involved in placement with rigorous and qualified casework supervision. This should enable an interchange of experiences between the placement and the classroom work on a constant basis.
The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling qualification aims to:
• Meet the for basic training at a professional level for recognition as a qualified counsellor;
• provide further developed skills, including a 100-hour practice component under supervision;
• create a reflective practitioner;
• Develop a deep understanding of one therapeutic model approach with knowledge of two others (‘integrative’ can be a model under the approach).
The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is designed for those learners who are seeking to be professionally qualified counsellors.
Modules of study:
• Unit 1 Professional Organisational Issues in Counselling
• Unit 2 Counselling in a Diverse
• Unit 3 Counselling Theory.
• Unit 4 Advanced Counselling Skills
• Unit 5 Self-awareness
• Unit 6 Research Methodologies in Counselling
• Unit 7 Counselling Placement
Assessment will be through written assignments and portfolio of evidence.