Apply for Extended Project Qualification ...
The EPQ is a qualification designed to extend your skills beyond A level. It allows for more depth, greater breadth and a wider range of exploration. It was written with universities to ensure students started in higher education with essential skills.
To begin your journey, consider the following questions.
• What would you like to know more about?
• What skills would you like to develop?
• What interests do you have?
• What are your career plans?
Your tutor will guide you throughout the course and help you to select one of four options:
P301 Dissertation 5000-6000 words
P302 Investigation 4000-5000 words
P303 Performance 1500-3000 words
P304 Artefact 1500-3000 words
Which will suit me?
• Dissertation – a theoretical written project, on any topic presenting an argument, eg a literary, biological, psychological or environmental issue
• Investigation – a practical investigatory project, involving the collection of data, eg. a scientific investigation, a geographical study of erosion, statistical study of birth rates, analysis of language in the news
• Performance – development of practical skills resulting in a performance, eg. performing a piece of music, a drama or in a sporting event
• Artefact – producing a sequence of paintings on a theme or a single sculpture (working to a design brief), constructing a piece of furniture or garment, creating a website, solving an engineering problem
For students who are interested in or require experience in research and writing, this is a good choice for a 4th subject option.Apply for this A Level »