Course informationThis course is only available to those students who are also studying AS/A level Mathematics.
For AS further you will study a further 3 modules; further pure mathematics which extends the knowledge and use of mathematics in more abstract sense; numerical methods which are applied to problem which cannot be solved analytically; and either statistics or mechanics.
For 16-18 year old (daytime) students, this A Level will be one of four A Levels you choose to make up a full time programme of study. You will study for a total of 18 hours per week plus one hour per week tutorial.
QualificationsEdexcel AS/A Level Mathematics; AS/A Level Further Mathematics.
This course leads to...This course contribute to progressing into Higher Education to study degree programmes such as mathematics, sciences and engineering. It can also lead to training and employment in related fields.
Entry RequirementsCity 6 Entry Requirements for 16-18s:
• The most important entry requirement is that you are committed and determined to do well
• You must achieve a minimum of 2 Grade B's and 3 Grade C's (including English) or equivalent (this equivalency will be discussed at our information evening and then in further detail at interview)
• Students taking the Sciences must also obtain at least a grade B in Maths.
• Students applying to study Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English, French, Spanish, Maths at A-level must obtain a grade B in the subject at GCSE.
• All places are conditional on results, subject to interview in June/July and a suitable reference from your school.
Applicants who are 19 or over will only be accepted onto evening provision for these particular courses.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.