Course informationThis course has been developed for 16-18 year olds and consists of 2 qualifications. The BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma is for one year. Following successful completion of the first year there will be an opportunity to progress on to the Extended Diploma. You may wish to complete this qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment or progress into higher education, following completion of the top up Extended Diploma. BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas attract UCAS points that equate to 3 A levels, carrying a maximum of 360 UCAS points.
You will study a number of core units including:
• Sociology, and physiology as well as a wide range of specialist units.
Students on the course are expected to find a placement in the sector to gain work experience. A key feature is also the opportunity throughout the programme for students to produce a personal and professional development portfolio which links many aspects of their programme, as well as experiences outside the programme.
QualificationsBTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Health and Social Care
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
This course leads to...• Employment within the health and social care services
• Professional training at degree level within a university, following the completion of the Extended Diploma
Please note that for some university courses you may need GCSE English and/or Maths and Science at C or above. You must check this with the universities you may wish to apply to.
Entry Requirements1. 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths plus 3 other individual GCSEs
2. 2 satisfactory references one of which must be from school
3. A commitment to equal opportunities.
4. Satisfactory interview in which student demonstrates the personal qualities needed to become an effective Health and Social Care Worker. It is essential that all students can work as part of a team and be able to respond to adults in a responsible manner.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.