Apply for Hospitality Management, Higher National Diploma (HND) Top Up ...
The HND in Hospitality Management provides a specialist work related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the hospitality industry and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialist units. The qualification prepares learners for employment in the hospitality industry and will be suitable for learners who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work. Pearson Level 5 HND Diplomas provide a nationally recognised qualification offering career progression and professional development for those already in employment and opportunities to progress in higher education.
• The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
• Managing the Customer Experience
• Professional Identity and Practice
• The Hospitality Business Toolkit
• Leadership and Management for Service Industries
• Managing Food and Beverage Operations
• International Gastronomy
• Work Experience
• Research Project (Pearson-set)
• Hospitality Consumer Behaviour and Insight
• Menu Development, Planning and Design
• Food Service Management
• Revenue Management
• Managing and Planning an Event
• Sales Management
Skills and Knowledge Developed:
Pearson Level 5 HND Hospitality Management equips the learners with the skills in a hospitality management context, including investigatory and research skills, focusing on management issues within the context of hospitality. This course will provide opportunities for the learners to develop attributes, techniques essential for successful performance in working life within various sectors of the hospitality industry such as licensed retail, food and beverage, hotel and events management.
On completion the student will have had the opportunity to develop skills in:
• Communication (oral, visual, written)
• Problem solving
• Manage own workload
• Team work
• ICT, Human Resources and finance
• Self-evaluation and target setting.
Please note: this course will only run when it has sufficient applicants.
All information about your course including the programme structure, entry requirements, fees and teaching & assessment methods is made available to you via the prospectus.
Please see our HE Prospectus available in full online.