Apply for Introduction to Painting & Decorating ...
Do you have a room that needs a freshen up?
Have you always wanted to know how to hang wallpaper to a professional standard and make sure your pattern repeats match?
Maybe you just want to brush up on your painting techniques?
Then why not join us at the City of Liverpool College and gain the knowledge and techniques to decorate to a high standard.
This 8 week course is suitable for anyone looking to try their hand at Painting & Decorating or want to learn new skills, we will teach you the correct techniques and skills from preparation to finishing to be able to put up wallpaper and to paint basic surfaces.
We have fantastic workshop spaces that simulate the average home/office so you will learn in realistic environments to be able to take back home and replicate. We will give you trade tips and skills that will be useful in delivering a fantastic result.
The course will go through:-
• Health and Safety, PPE and safe working practices
• Correct use of tools and equipment used in this trade
• Preparing of new and old surfaces ready for decorating
• Application of primers, undercoats, emulsion and eggshell using brushes and rollers,
• Cutting around obstructions, openings, fittings such as radiators, windows, sockets and switches
• How to use a roller effectively,
• Cutting, pasting and hanging wallpaper,
No qualifications or experience is needed but a commitment to learn will give you a good standing to succeed.
Our lecturers are industry qualified and are able to pass on their skills so that you can create and finish tasks/projects to a high standard.
So why not apply now to secure your place and your future skill base.
This is a full cost course at £175
The course runs in the evening for 2 hours a week over 10 weeks, generally 6pm till 8pmApply for this Evening / Short Course »