Apply for Performing Arts (Acting/Dance/Musical Theatre), BA (Hons) Top Up ...
This top-up Hons Degree offers students a unique opportunity to study in a small group and explores the core elements of theatre practice in the performing arts. The course allows students to immerse themselves in all aspects of training, exploring cutting edge performances and practitioners and enabling them to find their niche in the creative arts. Building upon their skills and knowledge, they will be challenge to create something radically different using their own artistic vision, to become a bold and autonomous practitioner.
• The Versatile Performer – Techniques and Practice
• The Mirror Up To Nature – Reflecting Radical Artists
• The Art of Self Expression through Performance (Drama Pathway only)
• Dance in the Digital Age (Dance Pathway Only)
• The Triple Threat – Contemporary Musical Theatre (MT only)
• Pop Up Festival Project
• Final Major Performance/Dissertation.
Skills and Knowledge Developed:
• Technical skills in dance performance (contemporary techniques/classical ballet/theatre/jazz/commercial/physical theatre, Afro Fusion)
• Improvisation and choreography
• Touring as a small scale dance company
• Dance history
• Research skills for undergraduate and post graduate study
• Workshop and leadership skills, working in dance education
• Working as a freelancer in the dance industry/professional practice.
• Opportunity to work as small scale touring dance company under the mentorship of local dance companies and artists
• Individual planning and adjustment of needs to support all learners’ progress
• Experience of touring work in a wide variety of settings
• Development of individual career portfolio.
Please note: this course will only run when it has a sufficient number of applicants.
All information about your course including the programme structure, entry requirements, fees and teaching & assessment methods is made available to you via the prospectus.
Please see our HE Prospectus available in full online.