Apply for Pharmacy Services, Level 3 Apprenticeship ...
Pharmacy technicians prepare, supply and dispense medicines prescribed for patients under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. The Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship offers a combination of a technical certificate and the Diploma in Pharmacy services.
Advanced Apprenticeships allow people to start work and earn a wage, while learning new skills that lead to nationally recognised qualifications. Advanced Apprenticeships are designed with the help of employers in the industry, so they offer a structured programme that takes apprentices through the skills needed to do a job well. Most of an apprentice’s training takes place on the job but they will also have to complete off-the-job training within college by day release.
If you want a career in Pharmacy Services then this Apprenticeship is for you. The Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship offers a combination of qualifications that will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to work in both the retail industry and the private and National Health Service.
A selection of the Edexcel L3 Diploma units can be seen below:
• Chemical Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
• Biological Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
• Human Physiology for Pharmacy Technicians
• Action & Uses of Medicines
• Cardio-Respiratory Medicines
• Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Medicines
• Infections, Immunological Products and Vaccines
Examples of the Edexcel L3 NVQ units can be seen below
• Assisting with the provision of pharmacy customer service
• Ensuring your own provision of pharmacy customer service
• Supporting the work of your team
• Selling over the counter medicines
• Providing information to customers on symptoms and products
• Preparing pharmacy products
• Supporting the use of specialist IT in the pharmacy
You will be assessed through:
• Work-based Evidence
• Oral Questioning
• Portfolio of Evidence