Apply for Royal Academy of Culinary Arts - Professional Chefs Apprenticeship ...
The City of Liverpool College (COLCC) is proud to be the first college in the North of England to provide the prestigious Royal Academy of Culinary Arts (RACA) Chefs Apprenticeship as an integral part of the college’s Hospitality and Catering Curriculum.
The course is delivered under RACA principles and guidelines with the emphasis on traditional skills and will be primarily work based with 1 day attendance at college.
The Course Covers:
• Basic foundation skills training in kitchen, larder and pastry.
• Related Health and Safety introduction in readiness for work placement.
• Placement in a highly respected establishment with award winning chef mentors.
The following areas of study will be reflected in the curriculum syllabus:
• VRQ Level 2 & 3 in Professional Cookery
• VRQ Level 2 Patisserie
• Applied Food and Related Theory including Culinary French
• Employment Responsibility
• Health & Safety at Work
• Food and Drink Service (this element will only be offered towards the end of the first year, purely as an insight into front of house operations)
The first year of entry will incorporate an 8 week in-depth Traineeship within college before placement.Apply for this Career Course »