Course informationThe course aims to maximise use of foreign language, to be both enjoyable and intellectually stimulating; to enhance study skills; to research individual topics in depth, and develop a personal and independent response to them, and to develop an understanding of the language and its practical use in the areas of work and leisure. There are no compulsory literature topics.
For 16-18 year old (daytime) students, this A Level will be one of four A Levels you choose to make up a full time programme of study. You will study for a total of 18 hours per week plus one hour per week tutorial.
For people wanting to study AS in the evening, a full cost course is offered.
QualificationsAS / A Level Spanish Examination WJEC (Welsh Board)
This course leads to...Higher education, Employment, Institute of Linguists Intermediate Diploma / Diploma in Languages for International Communication equivalent to H.E. degree level.
Entry RequirementsCity 6 Entry Requirements for 16-18s
• The most important entry requirement is that you are committed and determined to do well
• You must achieve a minimum of 2 Grade B's and 3 Grade C's (including English) or equivalent (this equivalency will be discussed at our information evening and then in further detail at interview)
• Students taking the Sciences must also obtain at least a grade B in Maths.
• Students applying to study Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English, French, Spanish, Maths at A-level must obtain a grade B in the subject at GCSE.
• All places are conditional on results, subject to interview in June/July and a suitable reference from your school.
Applicants who are 19 or over will only be accepted onto evening provision for these particular courses
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.