Apply for Theatrical Special Effects, Hair and Make-Up VTCT Level 3 ...
At the City of Liverpool College, our programme enables you to develop the skills needed for a career in specialist hair and make-up, with possible careers in the theatre or film industry. Specialist units including; make-up and full body make-up for performers, special effects make-up, make-up using prosthetics, fantasy hair design and hair styling and dressing.
The units you will study include:
• Working with colleagues within the beauty related industries
• Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
• Creative hairdressing design skills
• Fashion and photographic make-up
• Apply airbrush make-up to the face
• Media make-up
• Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
• Provide self-tanning
• Style and fit postiche
• Create and cast small prosthetic pieces and bald caps
This course is fast paced, creative and delivered to strict time scale. You will need to be highly motivated and be able to work positively as a member of a team and independently. Full attendance is essential for a successful completion of the course. This is an advanced qualification and requires students to have some knowledge of make up, it is essential for applicants to have a level 2 make up qualification or equivalent. For our Level 2 qualification, please refer back to the hair and beauty section.
This course is Advanced Learner Loan eligible, which can fully cover the course fee.Apply for this Career Course »