Apply for Travel & Tourism C&G Level 2 Diploma ...
The course will be ideal for those who can see the new horizons and potential in Liverpool and its urban regeneration as a result of its post Capital of Culture status, retail and visitor destination developments and huge city wide growth in tourism.
The work carried out on the programme is very closely related to Business Studies and this is reflected in the core units which relate to the UK tourism market, customer service and world tourism market. The specialist units are selected to reflect a range of learning and to allow learners to have transferable skills.
The course is intended mainly for students aged 16-18, who want broad-based vocational preparation for employment in the Travel & Tourism industry or for further study. You will be taken on a variety of trips throughout the course, often linked to assignments, as well as visits to local businesses where theory can be compared to the real world.
You will develop the following skills:
1. Map and geography skills
2. Customer service skills
3. Ability to research a range of holidays to suit different customers’ needs
4. Confidence and competence in your personal presentation and speaking skills
5. Employability skills such as CV creation, interview and work placement opportunities
6. An equivalent to 4 GCSES at Grade C or above if you complete the course
7. Build on your value added learning experience
8. Opportunity to participate in a variety of trips looking at Travel and TourismApply for this Career Course »