Course informationThe course will be ideal for those who can see the new horizons and potential in Liverpool and its urban regeneration as a result of its post Capital of Culture status, retail and visitor destination developments and huge city wide growth in tourism.
The work carried out on the programme is very closely related to Business Studies and this is reflected in the core units which relate to the UK tourism market, customer service and world tourism market. The specialist units are selected to reflect a range of learning and to allow learners to have transferable skills.
The course is intended mainly for students aged 16-18, who want broad-based vocational preparation for employment in the Travel & Tourism industry or for further study. You will be taken on a variety of trips throughout the course, often linked to assignments, as well as visits to local businesses where theory can be compared to the real world.
You will develop the following skills:
1. Map and geography skills
2. Customer service skills
3. Ability to research a range of holidays to suit different customers' needs
4. Confidence and competence in your personal presentation and speaking skills
5. Employability skills such as CV creation, interview and work placement opportunities
6. An equivalent to 4 GCSES at Grade C or above if you complete the course
7. Build on your value added learning experience
8. Opportunity to participate in a variety of trips looking at Travel and Tourism
QualificationsCity and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism
This course leads to...On completion of the course there are various pathways available to learners.
- Progression to Level 3 Travel and Tourism or Aviation (need to achieve merit at Level 2 and have excellent general performance)
- Possible progression to Level 2 Cabin Crew
- Full time employment in the industry
- Progress onto other college courses at level 2 or 3 depending on performance
Entry RequirementsEntry requirements are 2 GCSE at Grade C or above or successful completion of Level 1 with good performance indications on that course. You will also be required to take an Initial Assessment to judge your ability with English and maths.
You need to have the ability to write to a good standard and have basic but sound maths skills on the course. At interview you must show a keenness to study on the programme and an interest in the topic.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.