Apply for Uniformed Public Services - BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma ...
This is a two year, full level 3 course for 16-18 year olds which is designed to equip students with the essential skills needed when considering a future working in the uniformed public services, such as:
• Fire Service
• Royal Air Forces
• Prison Service
• or the Police.
The aim of our course is to give a realistic insight into the personal and professional skills needed to be an effective member of today’s Public Services. Students will also learn about the values and attitudes needed for working in this challenging, but unique sector.
There are two elements to the course, the first is practical based and includes subjects such as team-building, leadership and fitness activities, the second is around classroom based research in subjects such as government policies and the public service sector.
On this course you will study:
• Public Service Skills
• Leadership and Teamwork
• Understanding Discipline in the Public Services
• Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public Services
• Outdoor and Adventurous activities
• Career Planning and Development
• Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
• Fundamentals of Nautical Studies
• Practical Sports Teams
• Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
• Land navigation by Map & Compass
• Fitness Testing & Training for the Uniformed Public Services
• Skills for Water-Based Outdoor & Adventurous Activities
• Crime & its affect on Society
• Career Planning for the Public Services
• Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
• Environmental Policies & Procedures
• Employment in the Uniformed Public Services.
The assignments will be in the form of individual or group reports and/or presentations. Some will be integrated with other units. As you will see, a variety of forms of assessment will be used. Some units are assessed externally.
You will benefit from trips and visits spending time with the Armed Forces and the Civilian Uniformed Services. You will gain essential work experience which we will secure you a place on throughout the course. We deliver a number of educational trips, from fire stations to court visits. We invite key speakers from all areas of public services for you to gain insight into their job role and help you decide which career you want to pursue. Our teaching staff are highly qualified and are from all areas of industry, such as experience from senior positions in Merseyside Police, the RAF and Army. The tutors use their experience to ensure you are supported throughout your studies with us and feel confident in your next step.
If you are aged over 19, this course is Advanced Learning Loan eligible which can fully cover the course fee.Apply for this Career Course »