← Back to Apprenticeship Vacancies
Level 3 Customer Service Advisor Apprentice – Penny Lane Post Office
Penny Lane Post Office are seeking a customer advisor apprentice to work from their Smithdown Road base. They are seeking a friendly and customer focused apprentice to handle customer enquiries, sales and be involved in the financial transactions in running a Post Office.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the counter customers wanting to deposit items and purchase mail services.
- Handle cash and process the banking services offered (training given).
- Selling Post Office products e.g. home insurance, gift stamps, commemorative coins and special deliveries.
- Using Royal- Mail specific IT software.
- Process foreign currency request.
- Provide excellent standards of customer service by displaying good listening skills to identify customer needs.
- Undertake training to obtain recognised qualifications. via The City of Liverpool College, including completing assignments on time.
- Complete daily tasks with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Assist within the retail store function in the business.
- To comply with all company policies, procedures and guidelines e.g. health and safety and fire safety security.
- Complete all paperwork relating to customer orders and transfers.
Working week: 30 hours per week, various shift patterns.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Strong numerical skills are essential as you will be dealing with personal finance.
- Courteous IT literate and competent in Microsoft Outlook Excel and Word.
- Comfortable with numeracy.
- Team player.
- Able to take responsibility when dealing with clients.
- Enthusiasm for working within a retail/administration driven environment.
- A positive approach to learning new skills in financial and mailing tasks.
- GCSE grades A-C in English and Maths are essential for the role.
Question for candidates:
- Why do you want to work in customer services?
- This role involves working in a cash handling environment, so good attention to detail and numeracy skills are needed. Can you give an example of when you have had to use a high attention to detail?
Possibility of permanent work upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be provided:
Level 3 Customer Service
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions