Design Engineer Apprentice
← Back to Apprenticeship Vacancies
Design Engineer Apprentice
NGE Liverpool Fiber are looking for a passionate Design Engineer Apprentice to help the growth of their very exciting Liverpool Backhaul Project. The successful candidate will be working predominantly in the company’s Liverpool office, receiving practical training in design engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Producing engineering designs and drawings for components, structures and systems used in industrial and commercial construction.
- Work safely at all times, complying with relevant national and industry health and safety requirements
- Work in accordance with company management systems, policies and procedures
- Employ the appropriate use of computer based technology
- Review and interpret technical information and requirements from different sources e.g. specifications, concepts, stakeholders
- Identify inaccuracies or discrepancies in engineering drawings and specifications and propose solutions
- Identify and assess factors that affect designs e.g. materials, application, location, risk and environment
- Design engineering concepts to solve engineering challenges
- Develop effective solutions which satisfy the required standards and can be manufactured, proven, operated and maintained in a cost-effective way whilst minimising costs
- Evaluate engineering designs to determine the most effective solution
- Produce detailed engineering drawings to relevant standards and codes, using paper and computer
- Check completed drawings for quality, technical compliance and completeness – both own or those of peers
- Communicate and co-ordinate engineering design options with relevant stakeholders, colleagues and clients using sketches, schemes, models, detailed drawings and reports
- There are five main disciplines within the occupation of Engineering Design and Draughtsperson. An apprentice gains an understanding across all these disciplines and will typically specialise in one or more:
- Electrical Design and Draughtsperson
- Control and Instrumentation Design and Draughtsperson
- Mechanical Design and Draughtsperson
- Piping Design and Draughtsperson
- Structural Design and Draughtsperson
Working Week: Monday to Friday, 9.00-17.00
- Computer literate/effective keyboard skills
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and situations
- Able to take responsibility for team performance and quality of projects delivered
- Good attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Take personal responsibility for own work
- Commitment to advancing own learning and learn new skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 GCSE grades A* – C (or equivalent qualifications) including Mathematics (preferably B); English (Language); a science or technical subject.
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Building Services Design Technician Apprenticeship
Successful completion of this apprenticeship will lead to a full time position.
Please reference application ID: NGEDE1 in your application.