Fiber Optics Apprentice
← Back to Apprenticeship Vacancies
Fiber Optics Apprentice
NGE Liverpool Fiber are looking for a passionate Fiber Optics Apprentice to help the growth of their very exciting Liverpool Backhaul Project. The successful candidate will be working predominantly in the company’s Liverpool office, receiving practical training in fiber optics. On completion the apprentice will be eligible to apply for registration as a full member for the Institute of Telecommunications Professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installing, terminating, testing and certifying network cable infrastructure components
- Install copper cables, which are widely used to inter-connect communicating devices e.g. computers, scanners and printers to servers within office buildings, industrial buildings, hospitals, data centres, and fibre optic cables, which are widely used for connecting between floors within buildings, buildings to buildings and cities to cities, as well as providing the highest speed broadband to homes.
- Interpret detailed project plans to construct and fix network equipment cabinets, prepare cable pathways, and install cable support and containment systems.
- Install network equipment in cabinets, in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications including routers, switches and WAN equipment.
- Undertake performance-based testing and provision of certification to the customer. During the lifespan of the network, carry out maintenance where faults have occurred.
- Work in potentially hazardous areas such as building sites, highways and railways, and exercise responsibility for the safety of themselves as well as anybody in the local area who could be affected by their actions.
- Exercise responsibility for the care and maintenance of a wide range of specialist tools, ensuring that equipment is serviceable and in calibration (where appropriate), at all times.
- Use workforce management systems for a range of workflow activities as well as personal time and attendance tracking.
Working Week: Monday to Friday, 9.00-17.00
- Effective time management skills
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and situations
- Able to take responsibility for team performance and quality of projects delivered
- Highly self-motivated
- Assumes responsibility for accuracy and quality of own work
- Team focused
- Commitment to safeguarding data integrity
- Focused and thorough
- Level 2 Maths and English
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Network Cable Installer Apprenticeship
Successful completion of this apprenticeship will lead to a full time position.
Please reference application ID: NGEFO1 in your application.