← Back to Apprenticeship Vacancies
HIGGINS PHARMACY – LEVEL 2 PHARMACY DISPENSER APPRENTICESHIP (L22 4QD )
Higgins Pharmacy – Level 2 Pharmacy Dispenser Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Duration: 12 months
Number of positions: (1)
Wages: £190.00 per week – (40 hours per week).
Working week: Monday – Friday 8:30am-7pm & Saturdays 9am-5:30pm.
Closing date: 30/04/2019 Possible start date 04/08/2019.
Address: 77-79 Crosby Road North, Liverpool, L22 4QD
Brief overview of the role
The Dispensing Assistant’s role is predominantly in the assembly of prescribed medicines. They are also involved with stock management, the receipt of prescriptions, and the issue of prescribed medicines, under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Medicines use review (MUR) service
- New medicine service
- Prescription delivery service
- Private consultation room.
Pharmacy Service (NHS)
- Minor ailment service
- Supervised consumption of medicines
Pharmacy Service (Non-NHS)
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
Duties will include:
- To dispense medication as stated on prescriptions.
- Maintain minimum stock levels of medicines.
- Place accurate and timely orders with suppliers and accept deliveries of medication.
- Dispensing of patient dosette boxes (blister packs) and associated administration.
- Endorse prescriptions accurately by checking prices with suppliers as necessary.
- Maintain and order stocks of dispensary and NHS delivery.
- Issue repeat prescriptions as requested by patients within the agreed time- scale.
- Ensure that all care at the Chemist documents are filled in and up to date online and on the computer.
- Ensure that all returns of stocks are correct and stock credits are issued.
- Ensure that all end of the month prescriptions are filled correctly posted.
- Good maths and IT skills.
- An interest in science and medicine.
- A methodical approach to routine tasks.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- A friendly, patient and sympathetic manner.
- The ability to explain instructions clearly to customers.
- Tact and discretion when dealing with potentially embarrassing information.
- GCSE Maths, English & Science at grades A*- C 5/9 (or equivalents).
- Potential permanent position when finishing the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Training to be provided:
- The Apprenticeship programme consists of the BTEC Level 2 certificate in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF).
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Workbook.
Things to consider:
Please see the link below to Travel line so that you can get an idea of how long it may take you to travel to work.
Candidates must answer the following two questions when applying for this apprenticeship.
- Please describe how you match the skills required outlined in this Job Description?
- Why do you want to work in this sector?
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your latest CV and answers to the above two questions to Nicola Ward at The City of Liverpool College using the following email address;
Nicola.Ward@liv-coll.ac.uk if you have any further questions call 0151-252-3287.