← Back to Apprenticeship Vacancies
NATIONAL MUSEUMS LIVERPOOL – LEVEL 2 HOSPITALITY APPRENTICE CHEF
National Museums Liverpool – Level 2 Hospitality Apprentice Chef.
Apprenticeship Duration: 12 months
Number of positions: (1)
Working week: Shifts TBC by employer at interview, Total of 30 hours per week.
Closing date: 09/06/2019 Possible start date: 20/06/2019
Address: Liverpool Museum, William Brown Street, Liverpool, L3 8EN
National Museums Liverpool are a group of free museums and galleries across Liverpool, which hold various collections of worldwide origin made up of more than one million objects and works of art. It’s venues are open to the pubic seven days a week. Naional Museums Liverpool has charitable status and is England’s only national museums group based entirely outside London.
- Assisting with the daily preparation and production of hot and cold cafe food, using fresh, seansonal produce
- Develop an understanding of different cooking methods and kitchen procedures
- Support the kitchen team with food oders, stock control and rotation
- Become competent in the use of various catering equipment and utensils
- Previous skills in food preparation/ Kitchen
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi tasking enviroment
- Good Commmuication skills, particularly with different levels of management and colleagues
- Customer service
- Team player
- Confident, positive attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to follow instruction, respect others and implement suggested areas of development
- Commitment to the role and organisation
- Willing to learn (in work and College)
- Able to keep calm in a pressured enviroment
- Mature attitude towards working safely
- High perosnal grooming standards
- Ideally a Level 1 Caterin/Hospitality qualification and a minimum of Entry Level 3 in Maths and English but a passion in cooking is the key to this role
- Posible higher level apprenticeship or full time job for the right candidate on successful completion.
Training to be provided – Level 2 Commis Chef Standard
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your latest CV to Nicola Ward at The City of Liverpool College using the following email address;
Nicola.Ward@liv-coll.ac.uk if you have any further questions call 0151-252-3287