← Back to Apprenticeship Vacancies
LEVEL 2 PHARMACY DISPENSER APPRENTICESHIP – SEDEM LTD (L13 3DW)
Sedem Ltd Level 2 pharmacy dispenser Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship Duration:18 months
Number of positions: (1)
Working week 40 hours Mon- Tues 9am – 6pm. Wed 9am – 3pm
Thurs- Friday 9am- 6pm & Saturdays 9am – 5pm.
Address: 102-104 Derby Lane, Liverpool, L13 3DW
Sedem Ltd has been offering pharmaceutical services in the Liverpool and Southport area for over 25 years. The Dispensing assistant’s role is predominantly in the assembly of prescribed medicines. They are also involved with stock management, the receipt of prescriptions, and the issue of prescribed medicines, under the supervision of the Pharmacist. The course can either be the accredited Level 2 equivalent or the NVQ 2 course.
The Medicine Counter Assistant’s role is to assist in the sale of OTC medicines, the receipt of prescriptions and the issue of prescribed medicines under the supervision of the Pharmacist. The Dispensing Assistant and Medicine Counter Assistant must be enrolled on an accredited course within three months of employment and must complete within three years.
Duties to include:
- To dispense medication as stated on prescriptions.
- Maintain minimum stock levels of medicines.
- Place accurate and timely orders with suppliers and accept deliveries of medication.
- Dispensing of patient dosette boxes (blister pack) and associated administration.
- Endorse prescription accurately by checking prices with suppliers as necessary.
- Maintain and order stocks of dispensary and NHS stationery.
- Issue repeat prescriptions as requested by patients within the agreed timescale.
- Ensure that all care at the Chemist documents are filed in and up to date online and, on the computer.
- Ensure that all returns of stocks are correct and stock credits are issued.
- Ensure that all end of the month prescriptions are filled correctly and correctly posted.
- Good maths and IT skills .
- An interest in Science and medicine.
- A methodical approach to routine tasks.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good administration skills for record keeping.
- Good team working skills.
- A friendly, patient and sympathetic manner.
- The ability to explain instructions clearly to customers.
- Tact and discretion when dealing with potentially embarrassing information.
- GCSE Maths, English & Science A* – C / 5-9 ( or equivalent).
- Friendly, dress appropriately, sympathetic to the needs of patients.
- From the level 2 course a student may progress to the Level 3 course which train you in the role of a Pharmacy Technician.
- Possible permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be provided:
The Apprenticeship program consists of the:
- BTEC Level 2 certificate in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF).
- Level 3 certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ) (QCF).
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Workbook.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your latest CV to Nicola Ward at The City of Liverpool College using the following email address;
Nicola.Ward@liv-coll.ac.uk if you have any further questions call 0151-252-3287.