As a standalone qualification or as a first step towards the Advanced Level Three Diploma, this course allows you to move up to further study in accounting and finance. The qualification incorporates the Level One Award in Bookkeeping and five units in the Level Two Certificate in Accounting with further additional units specifically related to the cohort.
The qualification provides candidates with a high quality, nationally recognised qualification. It is a vocationally related, credit based qualification that provides a valuable opportunity for individuals to develop skills, gain underpinning knowledge and understanding and provide progression in the accounting and finance sectors.
It can be a standalone qualification or a vehicle for progression to the Level Three Advanced Diploma.
The course is designed for :
• Those students wishing to pursue a career in accountancy, finance or business
• Those students not in education, employment or training
• Those currently in employment or training and needing workplace skills
• Those learners who ultimately would like to become a graduate member of the AAT and eventually progress to chartered status in the accountancy profession.
Once you have enrolled on the course it is essential you register with the AAT so that you can sit the AAT on-line assessments and access study resources.
You will study the following 8 units:
• Elements of Costing
• Bookkeeping Control
• Bookkeeping Transactions
• Work Effectively in Finance (Synoptic Assessment)
• Using Accounting Software
• Computerised Payroll Skills
• Developing Lifelong Learning Skills
• Introduction to Business and Company Law.
Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT): Level Two Foundation Diploma in Accounting.
This course leads to...
AAT qualifications have been designed to encourage progression. The Level Two Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification offers direct entry onto the Level Three Advanced Diploma.
You must be aged 16-18 and hold 5 GCSE's at grade C or above including English and mathematics at grade 5 or above.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.