The CACHE Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators (EYE), enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years. Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators.
The course will take two years to complete and will be assessed using a range of methods. This includes direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio, external assessment, written assessments or a task set by your tutor.
The course is made up of a number of units, which explore and develop your work with young people. You will understand children's emotional well-being, understand legislation, framework and professional practice. You will also explore children's development and play. You will also work to support the needs of a child in preparing for school.
This course includes 3 days of College study and 2 days of professional practice in a minimum of 4 different work placements over the 2 years. You must undergo a DBS check to undergo the work experience element.
CACHE Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator)
This course leads to...
This qualification will enable learners to become Early Years Educators, with children from birth to 5 years old in the work place in a supervisory capacity.
This courses has UCAS tariff points to allow learners to directly access University Degrees, including Primary School Teaching (QTS) and Degrees in Early Childhood studies.
Although the course is 2 years in length, there is an opportunity for a one year drop of point so that learners can achieve a Certificate in Childcare and Education in the first year of study.
1. 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above. In response to the Department for Education, students studying childcare courses are expected to have English and Maths at a minimum of Grade 4/C - this is essential for you to be successful in the workplace, and for working with young people.
2. Satisfactory evidence of a DBS clearance.
3. A commitment to equal opportunities
4. Satisfactory interview in which the student demonstrates the personal qualities needed to become an effective childcare practitioner. It is essential that all students can work as part of a team and be able to respond to children and adults in a responsible fashion.
5. All applicants will complete a health questionnaire
Why study with us?
All learners will receive a 100% guaranteed work placement and be assessed by a work based team in the range of placements. The qualification (Diploma) gives learners a licence to practice and work within early year’s settings. It also supports great access routes to Higher Education studies at University.Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.