The purpose of BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction (Building Services - Electrical) is to develop students as professional, self- reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the construction and the built environment sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification aims to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
- Individual Project
- Construction Technology
- Construction Practice and Management
- Mathematics for Construction
- Principles of Electrical Design and Installation
- Principles of Alternative Energy
- Scientific Principles for Building Services
- Principles of Refurbishment
Skills and Knowledge Developed: This Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Construction and The Built Environment (Building Services - Electrical) offers students a broad introduction to the subject area via a mandatory core of learning, as well as units within general ‘pathways’, whilst allowing for the acquisition of skills and experience through the selection of a further (Level 4) unit across a range of occupational sectors. This effectively builds underpinning core skills, with general specialisation; preparing the student for further specialisation at Level 5. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios.
The programme handbook for this course is available to applicants online:
HNC Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services - Electrical) Programme Handbook (19-20)
Higher National Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Electrical)
This course leads to...
Completion of this course provides a number of options in both education and employment and sets students on their way to becoming a professional within the Built Environment.
In education, the course prepares students for a Level 5 qualification within the Construction and the Built Environment sector, bringing their professional and academic knowledge up to the required level.
The standard entry requirements are:
• Level 3 BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering)
• More mature students with relevant Building Services experience and an advanced qualification such as an NVQ, BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Construction or equivalent - may be eligible. In addition, mature students with level 4 or above in other relevant areas may be eligible, subject to interview. All students are expected to have maths qualifications at level 2 or above.
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.