Course informationThe ultimate aim of the qualification is the improved performance of those who use counselling skills. It is intended that learners be given the opportunity to develop a range of counselling skills and skills in self-awareness and self-assessment. These skills will be more effectively developed through a process which encourages learners to assume an active responsibility for their own learning and which enables them to establish principles and good practice from a shared analysis with fellow learners and staff of experiences on the course and related experiences.
The ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills aims to:
- develop a repertoire of counselling skills at a consistent level
- underpin these skills with an understanding of one major therapeutic model
- increase the self-awareness of the person and their awareness of the impact that they have on people
These qualifications are designed for those learners who:
- seek the course as an entrance to their training to become a qualified professional counsellor
-wish to acquire a repertoire of counselling skills for use in other work areas, and who have no wish to become a professional counsellor, e.g. nurses, social workers and teachers.
Assessment will be through an internal portfolio and written assessments.
Modules studied will include:
- Understanding the context for the use of counselling skills
- Understanding counselling theory
- Using counselling skills
- Personal development for users of counselling skills
QualificationsABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
This course leads to...This qualification can lead on to a Level 4 Diploma in Counselling, the level required to practice in the UK.
Entry RequirementsApplicants should be aged 19+ and have a Level 2 counselling qualification. If you do not hold this qualification but have relevant experience, entry on to the programme will be at the discretion of the course tutor.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.