The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is concerned with the training of counsellors to a professional level of competency. As a pre-requisite for admission to the Diploma course learners must possess a Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills or an equivalent qualification.
Learners will further develop the knowledge, skills and self-development gained from their Level 3 experience. It is required that learners will be involved in placement with rigorous and qualified casework supervision. This should enable an interchange of experiences between the placement and the classroom work on a constant basis.
The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling qualification aims to:
• Meet the for basic training at a professional level for recognition as a qualified counsellor;
• provide further developed skills, including a 100-hour practice component under supervision;
• create a reflective practitioner;
• Develop a deep understanding of one therapeutic model approach with knowledge of two others (‘integrative’ can be a model under the approach).
The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is designed for those learners who are seeking to be professionally qualified counsellors.
Modules of study:
• Unit 1 Professional Organisational Issues in Counselling
• Unit 2 Counselling in a Diverse
• Unit 3 Counselling Theory.
• Unit 4 Advanced Counselling Skills
• Unit 5 Self-awareness
• Unit 6 Research Methodologies in Counselling
• Unit 7 Counselling Placement
Assessment will be through written assignments and portfolio of evidence.
Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
This course leads to...
Learners who successfully complete the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling may progress onto Postgraduate and Post Qualifying courses in counselling studies that are designed to enhance the practice, skills and knowledge of a practising counsellor. This provides academic progression alongside a recognised career pathway. It combines the professional aspects, e.g. theoretical knowledge, counselling skills development, self-appraisal and commitment to provision of an ethical quality service and professional development element, which is necessary to ensure that the counsellor is fit to practice.
You must be aged 19+ and hold a Level 3 Counselling qualification.
Why study with us?
You will be supported by teachers who are also qualified and practicing counsellors who operate within professional businesses. Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.