Designed for students, who wish to develop skills and start a career in the ever growing Digital Market. This course is a superb platform to start your journey into Creative Digital Media as you will create sound, video, animation and web design products, learn to use and maintain digital equipment and support communication online. The subjects taught will help you develop a wide range of creative technical skills while supporting you in English and Maths. The course is suitable for both 16-18 and 19+.
The course will open up doors to many career options for the future whether you want to go on to work for a local or global business as creative and digital specialist or technical support expert. Businesses need creative and energetic individuals who enjoy using the internet, writing blogs, sharing ideas, creating conversations and following online communities or setting trends. This is an exciting course to begin your digital career.
Units you will cover:
• Working with audio and graphics software
• Create, manage and update social media using creative technology
• Create and maintain web sites for different audiences
• Use of video & presentation techniques to support business
• Design graphics for Facebook, Instagram, Flickr
• Learn and use uptodate technology to support business functions
• IT software fundamentals
• Learn to plan, create and execute creative work online
• Work placement / experience opportunity
The course will have a strong focus on supporting English and Maths Functional Skills.
• ITQ Level 1 Diploma for IT Users
• Level 1 Award in Social Media
• Level 1 Functional English
• Level 1 Functional Maths
This course leads to...
Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress to:
• BTEC Level 2 Digital and Computing Technologies
You will need to have 3 GCSEs at Grade E or a Pass at Entry level. Equivalent qualifications will be considered. You will need to show that you have a sound interest in the area of Social Media. All students aged 16-18 without GCSE English and maths at C or above will work towards these qualifications while on their course.
We particularly welcome applications from females and members of ethnic minorities.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.