Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Electrical Installation
The Level 3 advanced programme is for anyone who wishes to work towards becoming an Electrician in the Building Services Industry.
This course has been designed to deliver a high level of occupational skills and provide a platform from which to progress through further learning into employment. This route, at Level 3, is a vital step towards becoming a competent Electrician.
The programme will enable you to develop the skills and knowledge required whilst applying safe practice alongside gaining confidence to progress in college and into the Building Services sector.
The course will assist you in gaining an understanding of the skills required within the electrotechnical sector and you will develop systems of working safely and effectively in every aspect of the programme – and throughout, you will design, construct, test and commission electrical systems. Also, the programme will prepare you to be able to diagnose and repair faults and operate within all boundaries of the law and regulations. You will further develop your electrical science and principles skills started at Level 2. This qualification will prepare you to enter an electrotechnical apprenticeship programme and work towards being recognised as a competent Installation Electrician.
This programme will help you develop key skills; with the main emphasis on improving your opportunities of gaining employment. Employers demand that all potential employees can:
• Use maths skills to assist work practices
• Use English skills to communicate; both written and orally, with colleagues and customers
• Attend regularly and arrive on time
• Always work safely
• Display excellent practical skills and good trade knowledge
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Find solutions to problems
What will the programme include?
• Practical workshop sessions – build on the necessary skills required and boost your potential to earn money
• Theory sessions – be able to link theory with precision to the practical work you have completed
• Work related activities – ensure you can follow instructions and complete an employer challenge
• Industry guest speakers – listen to what the experts say, ask questions, and learn from their honed expertise
• Site visits – tour a live site to observe projects in the local area and observe site expectations for safety.
• Work experience – put your learning, training and development into practice on a live site.
• Tutorial sessions – designed to develop you as an individual and plan your career progression
• Skills competitions – showcase your skills …can you win it?
City & Guilds 2365 Level 3 Diploma in Electro Technical Installations
This course leads to...
Enhanced employment opportunities
BTEC Engineering courses.
Level Two Diploma Electrical Installation.
Minimum grade 4 in English Language, Mathematics and a Science GCSE.
You must be fully committed to attend all elements of your study programme; including all sessions within your Vocational area and any relevant Work Experience.
PPE must be worn at all times in College workshops and there is an unwavering expectation that all students must arrive prepared for all sessions, arrive on time and be focused and ready to learn.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.