The EPQ is a qualification designed to extend your skills beyond A level. It allows for more depth, greater breadth and a wider range of exploration. It was written with universities to ensure students started in higher education with essential skills.
To begin your journey, consider the following questions.
• What would you like to know more about?
• What skills would you like to develop?
• What interests do you have?
• What are your career plans?
Your tutor will guide you throughout the course and help you to select one of four options:
P301 Dissertation 5000-6000 words
P302 Investigation 4000-5000 words
P303 Performance 1500-3000 words
P304 Artefact 1500-3000 words
Which will suit me?
• Dissertation - a theoretical written project, on any topic presenting an argument, eg a literary, biological, psychological or environmental issue
• Investigation - a practical investigatory project, involving the collection of data, eg. a scientific investigation, a geographical study of erosion, statistical study of birth rates, analysis of language in the news
• Performance - development of practical skills resulting in a performance, eg. performing a piece of music, a drama or in a sporting event
• Artefact - producing a sequence of paintings on a theme or a single sculpture (working to a design brief), constructing a piece of furniture or garment, creating a website, solving an engineering problem
For students who are interested in or require experience in research and writing, this is a good choice for a 4th subject option.
Extended Project Qualification AS Level (equivalent to half of an A Level)
This course leads to...
Successful completion of this course can enable progression into Higher Education (with sufficient UCAS tariff points). Careers that require higher level abilities that EPQ provides you with include research, journalism, media production, investigative roles as seen in science and forensics.
You must have achieved grade 5 or over in GCSE English.
Why study with us?
Studying EPQ here, you will have control over the way in which you pas this course. You can choose to base your work on what interests, motivates, and enlightens you! Students who study EPQ with us, achieve great results, with City of Liverpool College being one of the top providers in the country for this course, with 100% pass rates and over 95% A-A* results. Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.