The HND in Hospitality Management provides a specialist work related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the hospitality industry and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialist units. The qualification prepares learners for employment in the hospitality industry and is suitable for students who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work.
HND Diplomas provide a nationally recognised qualification offering career progression and professional development for those already in employment as well as opportunities to progress in higher education.
- The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Professional Identity and Practice
- The Hospitality Business Toolkit
- Leadership and Management for Service Industries
- Managing Food and Beverage Operations
- International Gastronomy
- Work Experience
- Research Project (Pearson-set)
- Hospitality Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- Menu Development, Planning and Design
- Food Service Management
- Revenue Management
- Managing and Planning an Event
- Sales Management
Skills and Knowledge Developed: HND Hospitality Management equips learners with the skills in a hospitality management context, including investigatory and research skills, focusing on management issues within the context of hospitality. This course provides opportunities for learners to develop attributes and techniques essential for successful performance in working life within various sectors of the hospitality industry, such as licensed retail, food and beverage, hotel and events management.
On successful completion of the course the student will have developed skills in:
- Communication (oral, visual, written)
- Problem solving
- Managing own workload
- Team work
- ICT, Human Resources and finance
- Self-evaluation and target setting
The programme handbook for this course is available to applicants online:
HND Hospitality Management Top Up Programme Handbook (19-20)
Please note: this course will only run when it has sufficient applicants.
Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management
This course leads to...
This programme produces graduates skilled in a broad range of specialist areas. Progression is through direct entry into the industry or through further study at degree level.
• HNC or equivalent related Level 4 qualification
• Relevant work experience will be considered
• All applicants will require an initial assessment and interview
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.
Please note: Students need to undertake a minimum of 80 hours work with an approved employer.Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.