Course informationThis is an ideal qualification for anyone seeking to work in the Exercise & Fitness industry. It also provides a solid basis for progression to further study within this area. The qualification itself is 242 hours in total and is made up of 7 units in total.
• Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise.
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health.
• Promote Health, Safety & Welfare in Active Leisure & Recreation.
• Work with Clients to help them Adhere to Exercise & Physical Activity.
• Reflect on & Develop own Practice in Providing Exercise & Physical Activity.
• Plan & Prepare Gym-Based Exercise.
• Instruct & Supervise Gym-Based Exercise.
You will be expected to undertake regular home study on this course. You will also be expected to purchase College Sports kit to wear whilst taking part in practical sessions. The price of your kit will depend on your age and you will receive more information at your interview.
This course is continuously assessed using a range of methods including observation in a real working environment by assessors, oral questioning and written underpinning knowledge papers, practical assessment with supporting evidence, and a portfolio of evidence. The assessments are formal and practical assessments are based on your ability to work as a sport and leisure provider.
QualificationsCity and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise & Fitness
This course leads to...The course will allow you to work in:
• Local Authority Leisure Centres
• Sport Centres
• Private Health Club
• Cruise Liners
• Sport Clubs
The course will also allow you to progress onto Level 3 courses or equivalent (including Level 3 Personal Training, Level 3 Sports Therapy and Level 3 Sports Massage).
Entry RequirementsDepending on your age, you will need to:
• All ages - display passion and knowledge
• All ages - have a sound understanding of the English Language
• 16 to 18 - have 3 GCSEs at a minimum Grade D, including English (lit or language) and preferably Science or Physical Education or relevant sports qualification.
• All ages - you must enjoy working with people, show enthusiasm and commitment to the subject as well as being outgoing, motivated and enjoying being with people. You may be accepted without formal qualifications if you have had relevant work experience and successfully complete an initial assessment.
• Students aged 16-18 who have not achieved English and Maths GCSE Grade C or above will be enrolled on a relevant qualification.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.