Course informationDesigned for learners whose job involves supporting people with mental health problems and who wish to gain an understanding of mental health problems and how to care for, support and manage risks for individuals with mental health problems. It is also suitable for you if you are not a mental health professional but your job role requires you to support people with mental health problems. It is also suitable for people who wish to gain an extra insight into broader issues concerning mental health Ideal for:
• People already working in a care professional (health carers, social care services, drug and alcohol services).
• People interested in mental health
• For Continual Professional Development
• People who work specifically within mental health services
You will gain an knowledge and skills in:
• Understanding different types of mental health problems
• Understanding mental health support and interventions
• Understanding mental well-being and mental health promotion
• Understanding the legal, policy and service framework in mental health
• The principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Understanding care and support planning and risk management in mental health
Assessment – you must achieve all the outcomes available for a Pass.
• This qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence from activities such as:
• Practical Demonstration
• Group Discussion
• Case study
• Written assignment
• Question and answer sessions
QualificationsLevel 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health Care (QCF)
This course leads to...You could progress to other related qualifications such as:-
Level 4 HNC Health and Social Care
Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services (QCF)
Level 3 Diploma in Management (QCF)
Level 4 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care (QCF)
Level 4 Certificate/Diploma in Management and Leadership (QCF)
It could lead to employment in a job role which supports people with mental health problems
Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements however you should previously have studied at level 2 (GCSE/BTEC) or have experience within a care profession
You must be 19+, relevant experience in a care environment will also be considered.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.