This Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) approved qualification covers safe working practices and working relationships in vehicle testing centres, managing your own professional development, carrying out pre-checks and carrying out a full vehicle test.
What will I learn?
201: Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre
202: Working relationships within the vehicle test centre
203: Managing own professional development as a vehicle tester
204: Carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
205: Carry out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test (classes 4 and 7)
The course also includes:
• a multiple-choice question test
• a practical assessment
You have to pass both to successfully complete the course.
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (classes 4 and 7) (3428-02)
This course leads to...
Individuals can progress to the Level 3 Award in MOT Test Centre Management (3428-03).
Learners who achieve this qualification will be able to apply for a licence to become an MOT Tester.
Those who wish to become MOT testers must meet specific eligibility criteria prior to undertaking the qualification.
To take an MOT testing course you must:
• have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes you want to test
• Hold a level 3 Automotive Qualification
• be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years’ full-time employment servicing and repairing the types of vehicles you’re going to test
• have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with MOT testing or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
• be ‘of good repute’ - the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency will decide this to make sure you’re suitable to be an MOT tester
Candidates will be required to prove that they have the requisite 4 years experience as a mechanic or technician (a letter from their current employer and pay statements). They must hold a valid driving licence for the vehicle type they wish to test.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.