New course for 2019 (subject to validation by Open University).
This top-up Honours Degree offers students a unique opportunity to study in a
small group and explores the core elements of theatre practice in the performing
arts. The course allows students to immerse themselves in all aspects of
training, exploring cutting edge performances and practitioners and enabling
them to find their niche in the creative arts. Building upon their skills and
knowledge, they will be challenge to create something radically different using
their own artistic vision, to become a bold and autonomous practitioner.
- The Versatile Performer - Techniques and Practice
- The Mirror Up To Nature - Reflecting Radical Artists
- The Art of Self Expression through Performance (Drama Pathway only)
- Dance in the Digital Age (Dance Pathway Only)
- The Triple Threat - Contemporary Musical Theatre (MT only)
- Pop Up Festival Project
- Final Major Performance/Dissertation
Skills and Knowledge Developed:
- Technical skills in dance performance (contemporary techniques/classical
ballet/theatre/jazz/commercial/physical theatre, Afro Fusion)
- Improvisation and choreography
- Touring as a small scale dance company
- Dance history
- Research skills for undergraduate and post graduate study
- Workshop and leadership skills, working in dance education
- Working as a freelancer in the dance industry/professional
- Opportunity to work as small scale touring dance company under the
mentorship of local dance companies and artists
- Individual planning and adjustment of needs to support all learners’
- Experience of touring work in a wide variety of settings
- Development of individual career portfolio
The programme handbook for this course is available to applicants online:
Please note: this course will only run when it has a sufficient number of applicants.
QualificationsBA (Hons) Performing Arts (Acting/Dance/Musical Theatre)
This course leads to...• Level 6 undergraduate degree programme/vocational training at level 6
• Performer/dance artist
• Freelance practitioner
• Dance therapy degree at Level 6
• Adult teaching certificate (level 6/7)
• Youth/community work
• Arts administrator.
Entry RequirementsFour GCSEs at 'C' or equivalent plus two A2 or three AS levels (related subjects) or equivalent - e.g. BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Dance.
Direct Applications to Year 2 - BTEC Pearson Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Performing Arts or equivalent level 4 qualification with relevant experience.
Applications from mature students will be considered on the basis of experience.
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 point.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.