This is a full time Level 2 course which will provide you with the essential skills for your development as a performer and is aimed to progress you to onto Level 3 in either acting, dance , musical theatre or production arts. The Level 2 programme focuses primarily on acting techniques but also gives you the opportunity to engage in movement and in technical theatre to provide you with broader experiences and to ensure that your progression pathway is the right one for you.
What will I learn?
Units you will study are:
• Acting techniques – looking at different styles of acting
• Devising – learning about how to use your creativity to develop your own characters and plays
• Performing Scripted Plays – looking at a range of scripts and performing using script
• Performance studies – developing your own group performance
• Individual Showcase - external assessed unit where you perform two monologues
• Movement skills – developing skills in physical theatre
• Working in the Performing Arts Industry – learning about the business aspects of performing arts and you will complete a formal onscreen test.
• Performing Arts Production Process – learning about technical theatre elements
You will receive a specialised study programme which will help you to achieve your ambitions beyond successfully completing your college course.
We have developed Study Programmes for all of our 16-18 year-old students to help further develop your skills and widen your college experience.
What you will get from your Study Programme:
• Meaningful work experience
• GCSE A*-C or basic skills level 1 or 2 English and maths if you do not already have them
• Practical activities that help your personal development including study skills, enrichment activities, employability training and classes in personal and social skills to get you ready for further education or employment.
Edexcel Level 2 Diploma Performing Arts (Acting)
This course leads to...
The course can lead to level 3 study in performing or production arts i.e. acting, dance, musical theatre or theatre technology.
For 16-18s the entry requirements are 2 x D’s at GCSE plus a successful audition. For students 19+ relevant experience is acceptable as an entry requirement, along with a successful audition.
You will be expected to attend a group workshop (please dress appropriately) and then an individual interview where will we ask about your interest in drama and any previous experience you may have.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.