Course informationThis is a one year course for 16-18s, which is designed to equip students with the skills essential for a career in the Leisure Industry or academic progression. You will develop a wide range of skills in your chosen subject area as well as gaining qualifications in English, maths and ICT. You will be assessed for your English and Maths and work at the level that’s right for you.
If you are a talented footballer and are interested in being invited to attend trials for the Football Academy, you will have the option to join our growing Football Academy.
Students will undertake a programme which includes practical subjects such as:
The course also includes theoretical subjects including:
• Skills in Sport
• The Sporting Environment
• Health & Safety & Prevention of Injury in Sport
• Sports Leadership & Community Sports Leaders Award
The course will also include tutorials. The certificate is achieved through continual assessment of the units via practical and theoretical assignments which are graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. It will also include Practical sessions will take place in the Learning Exchange and some specialist facilities and make up approximately 30% of the course.
Qualifications• BTEC Level 2 in Sport
• Award in Community Sports Leadership
• Level 2 Certificate in Volunteering
This course leads to...This course has suitable to progression to:
• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
• Other relevant Level 3 courses (such as Sports Therapy Level 3).
Entry Requirements• You must be aged 16-18
• Have 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, including English.
• You will also need maths at Entry Level 3 (GCSE F-G standard).
• All applicants will need to complete a satisfactory initial assessment and interview.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.