Course informationThis full Level 3 course is for people aged 16-18 interested in pursuing a career in the Sport and Recreation Industry. If you are a talented footballer and are interested in being invited to attend trials for the Football Academy,you will have the option to apply for our successful Football Academy.
The units include:
• The Sports Industry
• Sports and Society
• Principles of Sport Coaching
• Sports in the U.K
• Learning and Developing Sport Skills
• Anatomy and Physiology for Sport and Exercise
• Injury in Sport, Sport and Disability
• Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
• Sports Development
• Career Planning
• Health & Safety
Those studying the Extended Diploma will take additional modules:
• Training and Fitness
• Sport and Exercise Psychology
• Advanced Sports Leadership
• Exercise Prescription
• Technology in Sport
• Sports as a business
The course will also include tutorials. The Diplomas are achieved through continual assessment of the units which are graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Practical sessions will take place at the Learning Exchange and in specialist centres throughout the city, such as the FA headquarters and visits to universities around the country.
This course is Advanced Learning Loan eligible which can fully cover the course fee.
Qualifications• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (full level 3)
• Opportunity to gain a Higher Certificate in Sports Leadership
• Volunteering and work experience
This course leads to...• Higher Education Degrees: Sports Studies, Sports Science, Sports Development, Physical Education Teaching, on completion of the Diploma.
• Employment in the Sport / Leisure Industry and uniformed services.
• Careers in Sports Coaching, PE Teaching, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Sports Development, Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychologist, Sports and the Media and Sports Science.
Entry Requirements• You must be aged 16-18.
• 5 GCSEs at C or above to include English, Maths, Science or alternatively at least a Merit in a BTEC or equivalent
• Additionally you should have a Level 2 qualification in English and at least a Level 1 qualification in Maths).
• All applicants will need to complete a satisfactory initial assessment and interview.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.