This dynamic course is designed for learners that are looking to step into the Travel and Tourism area. With the huge growth in the visitor economy along with the airport and cruise liner terminal, come and join a course where a career and an exciting future awaits.
You are taught by industry experts that can help build your academic skills as well as your Travel and Tourism skills. The course is aimed at learners that may not have any GCSE`s but want to get a start on dealing with that issue – let us help you build a brighter future.
You will develop the following skills:
1. Map and geography skills
2. Customer service skills
3. Ability to research a range of holidays to suit different customers' needs
4. Confidence and competence in your personal presentation and speaking skills
5. Employability skills such as CV creation, interview and work placement opportunities
6. Opportunity to participate in a variety of trips looking at Travel and Tourism – examples include Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Alton Towers, Liverpool Cruise Fayre, Albert Docks, Manchester Christmas Markets, Chester Zoo, various visitor attractions in the city, ice skating and Visitor Economy Weeks in Liverpool.
BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Travel & Tourism
Functional skills or GCSE in English
Functional skills or GCSE in Maths
Level 1 BTEC short course in Customer Service
This course leads to...
- Progression to Level 2 Travel and Tourism or Cabin Crew (need to complete the course and avoid disciplinary matters, display a positive attitude, attendance over 90%, good reports from all your tutors and have excellent behaviour)
- Full time employment in the industry
- Progress onto other college courses at level
Entry requirements are completed at interview with good performance indicators on display. You will also be required to take an Initial Assessment to judge your ability with English and maths.
You need to have the ability to write to a good standard and have basic but sound maths skills on the course. At interview you must show a keenness to study in the programme and an interest in the topic.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.