The BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism programme is a great way to start your career. It enables you to develop the skills and confidence to progress in college and into work. You will develop a wide range of skills in your chosen subject area as well as gaining qualifications in English, maths and ICT.
The BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism offers you the opportunity to study a range of Travel and Tourisms skills. If you are undecided which path to choose, then this course can open up the area of Travel and Tourism for you and help your progress through the other levels of training offered within Travel and Tourism. You will be assessed for your English and maths and work at the level that’s right for you.
You will develop the following skills:
1. Map and geography skills
2. Customer service skills
3. Ability to research a range of holidays to suit different customers' needs
4. Confidence and competence in your personal presentation and speaking skills
5. Employability skills such as CV creation, interview and work placement opportunities
6. Build on your value added learning experience
7. Opportunity to participate in a variety of trips looking at Travel and Tourism
BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
This course leads to...
On completion of the course there are various pathways available to learners:
- Progression to Level 2 Travel and Tourism or Aviation (need to achieve a pass at Level 1 and have excellent general performance)
- Possible progression to level 2 Cabin Crew
- Full time employment in the industry
- Progress onto other college courses at Level 2 depending on performance
Entry requirements are completed at interview with good performance indicators on display. You will also be required to take an Initial Assessment to judge your ability with English and maths.
You need to have the ability to write to a good standard and have basic but sound maths skills on the course. At interview you must show a keenness to study in the programme and an interest in the topic.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.