Sector Based Work Academy
The academy model is a Government initiative and one of the ‘Get Britain Working’ measures. It targets unemployed Merseyside residents and prepares them for work in local businesses. The academies are run on a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio to available jobs so even if you only have one vacancy you can still access an academy opportunity. The college has an extremely successful track record in running academies and has worked with a wide range of renowned employers including The De Vere Group, Wates Construction, Argos, TK Maxx, Premier Inn, Tesco, Pizza Hut, KFC, Travelodge, Schuh, NHS and Matalan.
Benefits to you the employer:
- The college will manage the recruitment
- The college will advertise the recruitment opportunity through Jobcentre Plus
- The college will provide a dedicated hotline number for referrals
- Working in collaboration with you the employer, college staff and JCP will screen and select candidates for suitability
- The college will monitor the candidates for suitability during the programme and will provide constant feedback
How does the model work?
- Up to a maximum of 6 weeks duration dependant on employer needs
Pre-employment training is designed to meet the requirements of the role or the organisation
- Employer provides work placements for each candidate (can be one day)
- On completion of all elements of the programme, candidate’s are guaranteed interviews for actual jobs
- The service is FREE!
Types of pre-employment training offered:
- We offer a tailored training programme to include sector specific provision along with general employability skills.
If you are interested in any of the pre-employment services mentioned above, please contact the Recruitment email Paul.email@example.com or Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 0151 252 3293/3287 or
Work Placement Opportunities:
At the City of Liverpool College we are always looking for opportunities to support our students into work placement opportunities. Our goal is to provide them with real life work experience and enhance their development and career options.
Are you an employer that can offer a work placement? Are you able to support the work force of the future? The City of Liverpool College are confident that we can find the right person for your needs
What we can offer you the employer:
- Our students are trained in a sector that is specific to your business
- Our students have the skills you need to help grow your organisation
- If you have a vacancy to fill, this is a fantastic opportunity to ‘try before you buy’ and see if this individual is right for your organisation
If you are interested in offering a work placement or would like to discuss further then please contact the Work Related Activities Team email email@example.com or call 0151 252 3053/3672.