Covid-19: Social Distancing Guidance For Suppliers
Covid-19 Contractor/Visitor Guidance
It is important that you comply with the following College guidance when working on the premises, for the protection of yourselves and others.
- If you or a family member is suspected of having Covid-19, please do not enter College premises. Go home, self-isolate and seek medical advice.
- All persons must report to Reception, sign in, complete the questionnaire when entering the premises and sign out when leaving.
- Procedures must be in place by your employer/company for any Lone Working that may be carried out on site.
- Keep groups of workers working together in teams as small as possible. DO NOT mix and ensure the teams remain with the same members when working on college premises.
- Ensure a social distance of 2 metres between persons. 1 metre with risk mitigation (where 2 metres is not viable). Where this cannot be avoided, controls must be in place and agreed with Estates (working side by side or facing away from each other should be adopted, rather than face to face)
- If face to face, working is essential to carry out a task when working within 2 metres, consideration must be taken regarding the works and priority of the job. (Can it be scheduled at a later date?) It is advisable to wear a face mask and keep this to 15 minutes or less.
- Use the stairs instead of the lifts. Tools may be transported in the lifts. If persons need to use the lifts, this will be controlled by Estates.
- Open any windows to allow air to flow in enclosed spaces. Please close them before you leave site.
- Limit the number of persons working in a small area, adopt job rotation and organise work to avoid this.
- Ensure appropriate PPE/RPE is worn and disposed of in a safe and a correct manner.
- Areas of work that are in staff accessible areas or where other contractors may be working, must be disinfected/cleaned to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- Regular washing of hands with soap and hot water for 20 seconds. Welfare facilities are available on site.
- Regular use of sanitisers where welfare provision is not easily accessible.
- If confirmed that you have Covid-19 and you have been in physical contact with any of The City of Liverpool College staff, please contact Estates to advise immediately – 0151 252 3000 / firstname.lastname@example.org
These measures are necessary to minimise the risk of the spread of Covid-19 and rely on everyone taking responsibility for their actions and behaviours.
PLEASE NOTE: College Christmas closure dates – Thurs 17 December 2020 to Mon 4 January 2021.
Thank you for your co-operation.