You can apply for help with travel if you are on a full time course and live more than 1.5 miles away from your college centre and have a household income that does not exceed £25,000 per year.
We ask you for a £20 contribution towards your travel pass each term.
The college offers support to students with additional on course costs such as books, stationery, materials and equipment. This fund is limited but you can apply for support from the Student Fund if your total household income does not exceed £25,000.
The college offers a weekly Progress Bursary to students whose circumstances meet specific criteria. Please contact the Student Finance team directly for more information.
If your family receives one of the welfare benefits listed below and you are aged 16-18 on 31 August of the year you start your course, you may be entitled to receive free meals. If you are aged 16-18 and receive one of the following welfare benefits in your own name, you may also be eligible.
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
• Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding the equivalent of £7,400 pa
If you are aged 19-24 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan, you may be eligible for FE meals.
If you qualify for FE meals, you will also be eligible for a college bursary of £15 per week based on attendance and other course-related requirements.
You must be aged 16-18 on 31 August of the year you start your course (or aged up to 24 if you have an Education and Health Care Plan – EHCP) to be eligible for this support.
Ask your finance question here!
Do you need to know what financial support is available to you? Contact us using the form below.