Described by its customers as a hidden gem, The Academy Restaurant is located on Tradewind Square off Duke Street amidst the backdrop of Liverpool’s historic Ropewalks. It offers a mouth-watering selection of both British and European cuisine ranging from contemporary combinations, to traditional favourites displaying a modern twist.
The Academy Restaurant is run by a team of dedicated staff, and highly motivated students developing professional skills ready for employment in the catering and hospitality industry. Dishes are expertly prepared using the highest quality, locally sourced ingredients.
The Academy is a licensed training restaurant serving a selection of beers, wines and spirits from around the world.
The restaurant is open for lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 12-2pm (last orders 1.10pm) and Thursday and Friday evenings from 6.00pm for Bistro Dinners (last orders 7.45pm).
For table reservations, please call 0151 252 4512. Bookings taken from 12 noon daily.
Please Note: The Academy Restaurant is closed on Mondays and operates during term time only.
Find out more about upcoming event below.
Themed Menu Dinners for 2019
- Fri 01 Feb: 6 Course Chinese Banquet – Price: £24
- Tues 05 Feb: VEW Dinner with Michelin star Chef, Hrishi Desai, from Gilpin Hotel, Windermere – Price: £30
- Fri 15 March: 5 Course Moroccan Menu – Price: £22
- Fri 26 April: 6 course Spanish Menu – Price: £24
- Fri 07 June: 6 course Great British Menu – Price: £24
Level 4 Management students’ dinner
- 30th January – Whatever Wednesday. Join us for our sustainable eating pop up, its simple, the menu is whatever we have, you pay whatever you want. Base line price: £7 per person
- 13th Feb – Date Night. Its almost Valentine’s Day, get warm and cosy with our ‘Rom Com’ movie themed event. Price: £35 per couple
- 27th March – Forrest Gump Night. ‘Life is like a box of chocolates’ but we’ll be serving much, much more on this movie themed event! Price: £20 per person with drink on arrival
- 3rd April – Back in Time for Dinner. A retrospective, gastro visit to the 70s, 80s and 90s food, drink and music. Price: £20 per person
- 15th May – Spring Gather. More foraged foods from a new season! Price: £20 per person with drink on arrival
Academy Restaurant calendar
Restaurant re-opens after Christmas break on Tues 15 January 2019
- 18 – 22 Feb: closed – half term
- 20 March: closed – staff development
- 03 April: closed – staff development
- 08 April – 22nd April: closed – spring break
- 27 – 31 May: closed – half term
Restaurant closes for summer break on Thurs 27 June 2019
Happy New Year from all at The Academy Restaurant!
SPECIAL OFFER for all customers throughout January & February 2019:
10% off your total lunch bill at The Academy Restaurant, Duke Street!
Lunch served 12-2pm (last orders 1.10pm)
To receive your exclusive discount, call: 252 4512 or email email@example.com and quote: ACADEMY10
Staff and students look forward to welcoming you to The Academy Restaurant
~ Whatever Wednesday Buffet ~
Event managed and run by level 4 management student, Michael Cooper
Join us at the Academy Restaurant on Wed 30 January for what promises to be a fab night, with delicious food and first class service… and all for ‘whatever’ the price! (min. £7 per person).
WHATEVER WEDNESDAY offers a selection of delicious, wholesome food, guaranteed to warm you up on a cold winter evening – see menu below.
Doors open 6pm – last booking 7pm
Book NOW: T: 0151 252 4512 E: firstname.lastname@example.org