The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement Award replaces A1 Assessor Award. These revised standards are designed to reflect the requirements of Assessors in all occupational sectors, and are the benchmark of good practice in the assessment of NVQ qualifications and have been updated in-line with the new QCF framework.
This work-based, professional qualification is delivered via one-to-one tutorials, and is assessed via observation, written questioning, professional discussion and review of portfolio evidence. This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
After completing the award you should be able to:
• Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
• Assess occupational competence in the work environment
• Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
You can do the Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment Unit as a separate course. It will cost (£199) – Awarding Body certified or (£99) - College certified. This course will provide participants with the necessary knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of assessment and helps them meet the latest standards and requirements for assessment and verification practice. It is a full day or several evening sessions (6 hours in total) which will cover the latest principles and practices of assessment.
This is a full cost course at £728.95 (this includes the exam fee)
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This course leads to...
This unit is part of the full NVQ in Learning and Development. Candidates achieving this award can progress to NVQ level 3/4 or can work towards the Internal Verifier Unit after 1 year of completing the A1.
• A level 2 in both Numeracy and Literacy or the equivalent qualification.
• A qualification in the subject area higher than that which you are assessing (equivalent too).
• Some practical experience in your subject area, basic knowledge of your qualification and understanding of the assessment criteria.
• Two learners to assess for the duration of the qualification.
• Entry onto the qualification will be decided following initial interview and assessment.
• A signed agreement from a suitably qualified Mentor offering a minimum of 8 hours support.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.