The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement Award replaces A1 Assessor Award. These revised standards are designed to reflect the requirements of Assessors in all occupational sectors, and are the benchmark of good practice in the assessment of NVQ qualifications and have been updated in-line with the new QCF framework.
This work-based, professional qualification is delivered via one-to-one tutorials, and is assessed via observation, written questioning, professional discussion and review of portfolio evidence. This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
After completing the award you should be able to:
• Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
• Assess occupational competence in the work environment
• Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
You can do the Understanding Principles and Practices of Assessment as an individual unit at a separate cost of £230.00 certificated by City & Guilds.
This course will provide the participants with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of assessment.
The course is delivered through a blended learning approach. You will be assigned a personal assessor who will guide you through the requirements, provide online support and carry out observations and professional discussions with you to gather evidence to meet the requirements of the programme.
The full cost of this course is £500.00
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This course leads to...
This unit is part of the full NVQ in Learning and Development. Candidates achieving this award can progress to NVQ level 3/4 or can work towards Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
• A level 2 in both Numeracy and Literacy or the equivalent qualification.
• A qualification in the subject area higher than that which you are assessing (equivalent too).
• Some practical experience in your subject area, basic knowledge of your qualification and understanding of the assessment criteria.
• Two learners to assess for the duration of the qualification.
• Entry onto the qualification will be decided following initial interview and assessment.
• A signed agreement from a suitably qualified Mentor offering a minimum of 8 hours support.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.