Our aspiration at The City of Liverpool College is that students receive an outstanding level of learning support. Our Additional Learning Support model aims to ensure that staff have the specialist skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality, personalised support programmes that effectively meet the needs of learners with Additional Learning Needs.
Once you become a student at the College, your goals and aspirations become ours and we aim to provide the help and support you need to achieve them. We provide support to thousands of students every year across all college campuses and programmes of study.
We have a dedicated, highly qualified and experienced support team comprising of:
- Learning Support Practitioners
- Specialist SpLD (Dyslexia etc.)
- Learning Support Specialists.
Our staff work collaboratively with cross-college teams in efficiently assessing a student’s needs as well as organising and implementing a wide range of support programmes, each tailored to their individual requirements.
We offer support in a wide range of specialist areas including:
- Assistive Technology
- Autism Spectrum Condition
- Behaviour 4 Learning (EBD/ADHD/ADD)
- Deaf and/or Hard of Hearing
- Support for Students with Mental Health difficulties
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Support for Students on HE Programmes
- Visual Impairment.