Accessibility toolbar toggle - click here for accessibility features
Language toolbar toggle - click here for additional languages
College news - click here for the college

What are T Levels?

  • 2 year courses, equivalent to 3 A-levels.
  • UCAS compatible, getting you the points you need to progress to university.
  • Studied over 5 days a week, with 80% of your time in the classroom and the other 20% on an industry placement, gaining real on-the-job-experience.
  • Designed in partnership with employers, to ensure you gain the skills and experience that real world employers are looking for.
  • For learners aged 16-18, looking to progress to further study after GCSEs.
View Video

FAQs

1) Why should I choose T-Levels?

T Levels have been designed with leading businesses to give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed, whether that’s in skilled employment or in higher education. By studying T-Levels, you’ll have the chance to learn what a real career is like whilst continuing your studies.

When you complete your course, you’ll have a nationally-recognised certificate showing the grade you achieved and what you learned on the course, both in the classroom and on your placement. As well as this, you’ll have industry connections and contacts, and a reference for your CV! If you want to progress into higher education, you’ll also earn UCAS points through your T-Level qualification.

2) Why have T-Levels been developed?

T-Levels have been developed in partnership with leading employers to provide a high-quality technical alternative to A-levels. The aim of T-levels is to ensure learners finish their course with the skills needed to progress into highly skilled careers in thriving industries, or with the UCAS points and academic skills needed for higher education.

3) Who are T-Levels for?

T-levels are for learners aged 16-19 who have already completed their GCSEs. They are ideal for learners who want to develop real world industry skills alongside classroom learning.

4) What can I progress onto after T-Levels?

After successfully completing a T-Level course, you’ll be ready to progress into:

  • Employment in your chosen career
  • A higher level apprenticeship (level 4, 5 or degree level)
  • Higher education at University, such as a Higher National Certificate/Diploma, or a degree

5) What are the entry requirements?

You should have a minimum of five GCSEs at Grade 9/A* – 4/C, including a good understanding of Maths and English. If you haven’t already achieved GCSE English and maths, you will continue to study these alongside your T Level as part of your programme of study.

6) How will I be assessed?

Assessment will take place through:

  • Exams
  • Coursework
  • Workplace observations
  • Employer project
  • End Point Assessment (EPA)

7) What is the difference between T-Levels and Apprenticeships?

The main difference is that T-Levels involve more classroom study than apprenticeships. Apprentices spend 80% pf their time on course in the workplace and 20% in ‘off the job’ training (working in industry). T Levels offer 80% classroom-based learning with 20% of the course on an extended industry placement.

8) I want to discuss my options and decide which T-Level is right for me. Who can I talk to?

You can speak to our Careers Advice & Guidance team to discuss T-Levels and any other courses of study at the college. Contact careersadvice@liv-coll.ac.uk or 0151 252 3607.

9) I’m an employer, where can I find more information?

Visit https://www.strategicdevelopmentnetwork.co.uk/launch-t-level-self-assessment-tools/ for a wealth of information on how T-Levels can work for you and your business.

What our Students Say